Friday, December 16, 2005

this is what wretched feels like.

yesterday, i felt fine. great, in fact. my plasma/platelet donation was progressing fine.
then, my lips began to tingle.
my tummy felt a little off.

only 7 minutes to go.

the room began to dissolve in my vision.
i felt violently ill.

something... terribly... wrong.....

"please stop the procedure... now... i am passing out."

a scramble to disconnect me.

i lay in the chair for awhile. the red cross nurses brought me water.
i sipped.
i lay.

i decided to walk to the refreshment area.
i started walking.
i started weaving.

the nurse called to me, "are you ok?"
"i feel a little wobbly."

waking from a dream. i am asleep....
the sudden realization that i am being washed down with cold rags.
i am cold.
i am laying on the floor on the areican red cross.

but i was just walking a moment ago?
why didn't i feel myself fall?

(two nurses managed to catch me mid-fall.)

i sat at the snack table eating cheese & crackers sipping on oj.
began feeling woozy.

laid down on a cot they brought over.

began idly chatting with other donors.

feeling ill.
excused myself & headed to the bathroom. (hoping not to faint again. fainting sucks.)

rushed in the bathroom just in time to... puke!
nurse rushed in after me.
(left the door open in my haste.)

throwing up in front of a stranger, embarassing.

(this happened three times before i could leave. not fun.)

got a ride home.
knew i couldn't drive.

more throwing up.

today, i feel as though i pulled every muscle in my body.

i feel... icky.

2 Comments:

Blogger tara dawn said...

I hope you feel much better soon. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers to you.

4:33 PM  
Blogger steve turner said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Going Nowhere

Which John Cusack Are You?