Monday, June 26, 2006

all i have to give

all i have to give
which is worth
anything
is
my sincerity...
my truth
my belief that human nature is essentially good
my hope that love is more than a possibility
my prayers to God
my faith that God is listening
my ability to nurture
these words scrawled on the wall of my imagination...


all i have...
is my ability to love
(unconditionally)


people who lie
and deceive
truly confuse me
why do they hurt themselves like that?
why do they harm others?
why don't they realize that words can cause senseless violence?



i am naive.
i am trusting.
i am emotional.

"dramatic,"
he says.

am i emotionally dramatic?

if so, i wonder,
why?

i feel deeply.
and love fiercely.

i feel intensely
use evocative & suggestive language
think provacative thoughts
enjoy being blatantly sexual

i am wide open
i jump into life with my own brand of wild abandon
i will love you just because you need to be loved...
i will love you just because i want to...

how do you love someone who has been slashed open?
how do you love someone whose pain eclipses...
anything you've known?

i suppose that
you
just


do.


i have no words.
i have no wisdom.
i have no way to make it make sense.

what happened to him was senseless.


how do you teach someone
to trust
you
when his trust has been so misused?

wait
hope
pray
and
be quiet...
words mean nothing to someone who has been fed lies.


i worry that my emotionality will be misconstrued,
misunderstood,
and maybe
held against me.
(because i have only words to express these feelings,
only thoughts to process these emotions...)


i can only be...
what i am.

i can only give...
all that i have to give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Going Nowhere

Which John Cusack Are You?