Sunday, July 24, 2005

dating in the land of wieners

blogging my dating life... hmmm, so far, the title of the blog would be: waiting for godot.

my first attempt at dating has been rather underwhelming.

for our first date, he was late. (as i get older, i have begun to be more germanic about my sense of time. ) nice guy. TALL. 6ft 4in. this, in itself, is a strange thrill. i love men who block out my view of the sun. tall men make my 'wees kneak.'

the date was nice. he called pesto... peesto but hey! i've slaughtered words in my time too. there was no kissing. i gave him a hug goodbye.

there have been tentative plans for a second date... twice. neither time materialized. the first time, he went to an office party had more fun than expected and asked to get together later. yeaaaaaaaaah, later was around 11-ish. no. i refuse to go out on a date with a man who is half drunk at that late hour. no more booty calls. i doubt that he saw it as one... the fact of the matter is why in the world would i run out in the middle of the night to hang out with a guy i barely know?

last night, "call me when you get off work," i did. two hours later, he called back. he had lost his cell phone and is calling me from his parents house. says that he needs to find his phone and will call me back in the next hour.... even if he needs to use a payphone.
no call. wanker.

i hate waiting. it annoys me.


NEXT....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Going Nowhere

Which John Cusack Are You?