Thursday, August 17, 2006

the miracle

the miracle

an egg and a sperm
so small
sex on the microscopic level

the converging

of him
into me

and

me
into him



a tiny beginning
cells splitting
multiplying


the beginning of life

every cell a blueprint
for
every other cell


a life beginning

inside
of me

my body will become the universe
for a burgeoning life

my womb
an ocean

my body
the sun, the moon, and the stars

i will become
a source of light
and hope
and love

my voice will be the wind

i dream of him pressing his lips
to my belly
whispering secrets to our child

he will be in me
and i in him


he will give me
the gift
of motherhood

i will give him
the gift
of fatherhood

neither one of us
will deserve
our child

a gift from God

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Going Nowhere

Which John Cusack Are You?